Saturday, October 3, 2009

Welcome new Zumba Instructor, Davi!


About two weeks ago, I met a new instructor from Delaware. Her name is Davi.

I offered her the opportunity to practice teaching in front of a live group during one of my classes. This is something that I wish I had. Although I was never given this chance, I knew in my heart that if I ever met a local new instructor, I would offer them the opportunity to teach a song or two. It's one thing to learn your choreography and the music, it's a completely different thing to tell others (who are looking at you) what steps you need them to do next. So, I was excited for her when she took me up on the offer.

I added her merengue and Latin Pop songs to the playlist and removed mine from the playlist. It went well!! Davi smiled, cued us on the next steps to do and kept her energy high. I look forward to attending one of her classes!

(This is a photo of the class from last night. She is pictured on the right kneeling behind the lady with the pink top.)


No comments:

Post a Comment